Hi Creative Friends,
I am sharing a card design featuring the brand new Easy Bouquet by Papertrey Ink. This array of flowers is soooo pretty and the sentiments are perfect that I couldn’t resist making a design full of color.
I started out with a piece of hot-pressed watercolor paper and the Easy Bouquet floral stamp mounted in my stamp positioner. From there, I inked and stamped each color of the flowers with the corresponding distress ink colors. For instance, I used Picked Raspberry for the large flower, Wild Honey for the daisy, and Peeled Paint for the leaves. I used the same technique I have demonstrated in a few videos recently where I ink a section with the appropriate color, then spritzed the stamp with water, and stamp. If you missed seeing this in the video, here is a link.
I continued adding more color by inking the stamp, spritzing it with water, and stamping. For the large flowers, I added a bit of Seedless Preserves and a little Abandoned Coral and Vintage Photo to the centers. I used my brush to spread the color away from the centers.
The leaves were stamped and colored with Peeled Paint and a little Wild Honey and I used Peacock Feathers for the sprigs.
Once the whole bouquet was stamped, colored, and DRY, I cut it out with the matching die, then set it aside while I make the background.
Using an A2-sized watercolor paper panel, I spritzed the whole front with water. Then I stood the panel on end and dripped a drop of re-inker ink and let it drip down, lightly urging the ink downward with my brush. I used Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey, and Saltwater Taffy re-inkers (see supply list below). To loosen the drips a little, I lightly spritzed it with water. Once I was happy with the result, I let it dry thoroughly.
Meanwhile, I cut a white cardstock frame from the My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle Frames die.
With everything dry, I mounted the drippy ink panel to an A2 white cardstock card base, then added the white frame.
Next, I again mounted the card base into my stamp positioner and stamped the sentiment using Picked Raspberry distress ink.
Finally, I attached the array of flowers to the front with foam squares and added a few jewels for a touch fo sparkle.
And that completes my card design for today. Thank you for joining me and I hope to see you next time! ♥