Sent With Love

Sent With Love

Hi Creative Friends,

I have lots to share today. First, I had so much fun making this Vintage Postage card design. I love postcards or postage-type things.  Then, if it is vintage-y… all the better! So, this is my take on some of the latest products from Papertrey Ink that are chocked full of awesome stamps and dies that are perfect for this theme.

Second, we are having a Summer Sale extravaganza! Starting today (YAY!), enjoy 15% off for 5 full days on all Papertrey Ink items *excluding stand-alone dies*. The coupon code and other info are listed at the bottom of this post.

We have targeted four different brands for our summer sale. After this one is over, we will move to the next brand, and so on and so on…

One of the things I liked about this card design was its many layers. The layers were simple to make and when stacked on top of one another, they made quite a splash!

I began by cutting out a 5″ square piece of Bristol paper, a 5 1/4″ square of chipboard, and making a 5 1/4″ square white cardstock card base.  Then, with a blending brush, I brushed on Antique Linen distress ink over the Bristol paper panel. Next, I used the new Script stencil (see supply list below), placed it over the panel, and lightly brushed on Vintage Photo distress ink so that the script was faint and had a faded look. Once done, I blended a little more Vintage Photo on the edges, especially the corners, then all was set it aside.

For the next couple of layers, I stamped the Penciled Outlines onto a Kraft card stock square just barely larger than the outline and I did the same on a white card stock square. I used Versafine Black Onyx for a crisp stamping. Antique Linen was lightly brushed onto the edges of the white panel for a weathered look.

The sentiment from the Vintage Postage stamp set was stamped onto the white, black outlined panel, again using Versafine Black Onyx ink.

Included in the Vintage Postage set are pieces for the stamp, roses, and leaves. To give these pieces a vintage-y look, I stamped them onto Kraft cardstock. I used Picked Raspberry and Pine Needle distress ink for the long-stemmed rose, Pine Needles for the leaf cluster, and True Black ink for the rose cluster.  The roses and leaves were colored with a few Copic markers, namely R000, R02, R39, R81, YG03, and G94.

The three-part stamp was created by stamping the background square with True Black ink and the top layer stamped with Picked Raspberry both stamped onto Kraft card stock. The wavy cancellation lines were stamped onto white cardstock, then all the pieces were cut out using the coordinating dies.

In another great set,  Vintage Blooms, there are a few ornate corner pieces you can cut out. I cut four matching corners from Bristol paper and brushed on first Antique Linen, then a bit of Rusty Hinge, and Spiced Marmalade to deepen the color.

My final piece before assembly was to make a simple decorative strip. Using a piece of 1 1/4″ wide Bristol paper, I stamped a little rose and the leaf cluster (included in the Vintage Postage set) randomly onto the strip using Picked Raspberry distress ink. Then, lightly brushed on Autumn Rose with a touch of Vintage Photo.

Ok, I was now ready and excited to put everything together. So…I began by mounting the chipboard square onto the card base. Next, I glued the corner pieces onto the script panel, along with the rose and leaf strip. A skinny cord was wrapped around the middle a few times and attached on the back. The Penciled Outline panels were next. The Desert Storm was mounted first, then the sentiment panel glued askew.

To decorate, the stamp pieces were stacked and mounted onto the top and the cancellation lines were added. Then, the flowers and leaves were glued in place and a natural twine bow was added to finish the card.

YAY! the card was done! I had a blast and love the result… I hope you do too! 

Don’t forget about the sale. Starting now, until 11:59 pm on July 17  SAVE 15% on Papertrey Ink (stand-alone dies excluded). The discount code and other info are below.


Goodies Used: