Hi Crafty Friends,
The summer offers such beautiful and vibrant flowers, doesn’t it? Especially the exotic and tropical ones like the hibiscus. The new Happy Hibiscus die set by Lawn Fawn is one of those flowers so I just had to give it a try.
I am a sucker for bold and beautiful flowers so this hibiscus die set was perfect.
This project started with half a sheet of crisp 48lb. vellum, the heavier stuff, and a few alcohol inks (wild plum, crimson, and dandelion). I always have a small squeeze bottle of alcohol blending solution on my desk. You never know when you will need it. In this case, I used it to squeeze some onto the vellum, then added drops of the alcohol ink colors and used my blower to spread them (see supply list below). I continued to add ink and move it around with my blower until I was satisfied with the colors and the saturation. Here’s how it looked when done.
While the alcohol inks were drying, I cut out a full set of all Hibiscus pieces from Neenah 110 lb. white card stock. At the same time, I cut a white card stock panel using the Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Rectangles.
I colored the leaves with Rustic Wilderness distress ink and the stamens with Wild Honey, using a blending brush.
On the stitched panel, I gently brushed on Festive Berries distress ink and then splattered on dots of the same color.
It was time to assemble, starting with a white A2 card stock card base, I added the stitched panel. The vellum flowers were stacked and glued onto the white ones, along with the yellow stamens, then added to the card front using a bit of foam tape.
The leaves were tucked in… and there we have it, all done.
I didn’t add a sentiment to this card since I couldn’t bear to distract from these amazing flowers. But of course, I could add one at any time. ♥