Hi Creative Friends,
Today we are sharing a new card design featuring the Lovely Water Lily die set by Honey Bee Stamps. This die set creates a dimensional water lily with all the splendor you can imagine!
This water lily and budding flower are simply glorious so I started there by cutting from 80lb. white card stock all the pieces in the Lovely Water Lily set x 2 (so double up on the pieces).
I colored green parts, namely the lily pad, leaves, and stem first with Crushed Olive distress ink, then Rustic Wilderness. When done, I splattered a loose mixture of Rustic Wilderness onto them, as well as Crushed Olive.
Next, I blended Worn Lipstick over all the flower pieces, varying the intensity of the color. When finished, I splattered a loose mixture of Worn Lipstick and water and a mixture of Wild Honey and water. The center of the flower was colored with Wild Honey distress ink.
While the pieces were drying, I ran a heavy sheet of 110lb. white card stock with one of the Layered Wave stencils on top through my die-cutting machine, making sure I used my rubber mat on the bottom.
The wave panel was then gently colored with patches of Peacock Feathers and Crushed Olive distress inks, making the bottom more intense with color. The panel was then trimmed and the bottom edge was cut with one of the edge dies from the Papertrey Ink Elegant Edges: Fresh Cuts.
Next, I colored a white card stock panel with Picked Raspberry and a little Festive Berries with the bottom more intense with color. It was then splattered with dots of Picked Raspberry and Festive Berries.
Now that the panels were complete and the flower pieces were dry, I assembled and glued the water lily parts (there’s a guide on the packaging to help).
Time to put all this together. Using a white card stock card base, I mounted a white panel on top, then the pink one. The wave panel was popped up with foam tape (or squares). The water lilies were mounted on top.
I stamped a lovely sentiment from the Honey Bee Stamps Daisy Layers Bouquet stamp and die with black ink and cut it out. It was added to the front, along with a few clear sparkling confetti mix.
That completes the project for today. I hope it gives you a bit of inspiration! ♥