We are tickled pink to have Rosali of Instagram (ilovestamping) fame with us today. She always creates oodles of fun and innovation in her cards and this one is a real adorable stunner!
Hi, Rosali from ilovestamping (instagram) here!
I am happy to be guesting on The Foiled Fox blog again and I have brought you a super fun card project!
I chose the adorable “More Monsters” by My Favorite Things to create with! They are just super cute and great for some good ol’ stamping fun! The monsters need no coloring, so they are perfect to pull out your colorful ink pads and create images quickly!
Now let’s dive into my card, shall we? This is how it looks finished:
Here are the steps to create it:
- I masked off a rectangle on my Neenah Solar White paper using painter’s tape (you can also use washi tape after putting it on your arm first to make it less sticky). Then I applied Distress Oxide Inks Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio with an ink blending tool. I then spritzed it with water for some texture!
- I die-cut my panel using a scalloped border die.
- For my monster, I used colors that are complementary to the background to make it really pop! To get a two-tone monster I inked up only half of it with Spiced Marmalade Oxide ink, stamped and then inked up the other half with Fired Brick. This is easiest with a stamping tool but also possible with a stamping block. For the monster’s eyes, mouth and the sentiment I chose Versafine pigment ink for a crisp black line.
- Before I mounted the panel with foam tape I added a piece of striped paper to the bottom of my cardbase.
- After I die-cut my monster I mounted it to the card using an action wobble spring-I just love interactive elements on a card! ☺ You can see a pic of the wobbling monster below!
- To finish my design off I added some twine and also a few Nuvo Drops to the ink blended panel and the monster’s eyes! Voilà, finished!
I hope you like this fun card that’s perfect to give to a kid, for Halloween or just to send to a monster loving friend! Have a great day and see you soon! ♥
WATCH HIM WOBBLE!