It is always such fun to have Rosali of ilovestamping blog as our guest! We just love her creativity and cheery designs. This card project uses the fabulous Reveal Wheel and Rawr stamp and die set by Lawn Fawn.
It’s Rosali and I am back with a very fun interactive card using Lawn Fawn’s Reveal Wheel die and stamp set! Did you try out making a Reveal Wheel card yourself yet? Me, I love all the different designs that I have been seeing on blogs and Instagram over the last weeks and I am happy to share my own first take on a Reveal Wheel card with you today! ☺
As you can see I combined the Reveal Wheel stamps and dies with the speech bubble add-on (so cute!) and Lawn Fawn’s Rawr stamps. I really wanted to use the adorable dinosaur stamp again and the sentiment from that set goes perfectly together with the reveal wheel, I think!
I am not gonna go into every detail on how to assemble the reveal wheel part … For one it’s really quite easy & simple to do and second if you’re anything like me you might want to watch a video on how to put it together! There is a great one from Chari for Lawn Fawn – view here.
Now, here is how I made my card:
- I started with die cutting all the reveal wheel elements from white cardstock and stamped a couple of “Many Thanks” sentiments in different languages from the matching stamp set onto the scalloped reveal wheel. I also added little hearts from the Rawr set in between the words.
- My card base is slightly smaller than a regular A2 sized card. I stamped the “Turn me ” from the Reveal Wheel Sentiments set onto my card base into that open half circle on the right side.
- To decorate my card front (which is die cut using the big rectangle from the Reveal Wheel die set) I first ink blended almost the entire panel using Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Ink. Then I took a sun rays stencil, placed it a little left from the center of the panel and applied a second, thick layer of Squeezed Lemonade Ink by dabbing it on with my ink blending tool. As I wanted a little more contrast towards the sun I added a bit of Spicy Marmalade Distress Oxide Ink there as well.
- Next, I die cut two grass hills using Lawn Fawn’s Meadow Borders and a green patterned paper from their Really Rainbow Paper Pad. I also die cut the grass hills using the Reveal Wheel rectangle to get a matching stitched border all around my front panel. I glued the first green hill down flat onto the front panel and the second one by using foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- I stamped my sentiment from the Rawr set over and under the reveal wheel window using Versafine Onyx Black Ink and clear embossing powder.
- Lastly, I stamped, die cut and colored the dinosaur and little speech bubble from the Rawr set with watercolor pencils and an aqua brush. On top, I added a lot of tiny dots using dry pencils and a white gel pen. I foam mounted the dinosaur and “rawr” speech bubble onto the little scene and used liquid glue to adhere the white speech bubble frame for the reveal wheel window. I also colored the stamped hearts on my reveal wheel using green and teal Copic markers.
In addition to the photos I made a short video to show you the finished card in action! ☺ Here it is:
I hope you got some inspiration from my card today! Have an amazing day! ♥